What can I do to reduce my impact?admin
It is important to limit activities that produce emissions during the hottest part of the day. This includes driving, yard work, or refueling your car. There are many other little steps you can take that will have a big impact on ozone in the area.
- Drive Less. Take alternative modes of transportation (bike, walk, transit, carpool) whenever possible.
- Play it cool. Delay refueling your vehicle until dusk or nighttime.
- Stop at the click. Don’t top off your tank when pumping gas. This harms your vehicle’s vapor recovery system and releases ozone-forming fumes.
- Turn it off. Turn your car off when idling for 30 seconds or more. Idling for 30 seconds uses as much fuel as shutting off and starting your engine.
- Keep a lid on it. Use paints, solvents, and cleaners carefully – leaving them uncapped for long releases ozone-forming fumes.
- Start in your backyard. Don’t run your lawn mower or other gas-powered lawn equipment during the hottest part of the day.